Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Recovery from Major Surgery ~ The Challenge of it all!!

I am recovering from ankle fusion surgery ~ if you read my blog you know the story.... about 2 years ago I fell 25' to the pavement from a 2nd story balcony railing, I was sitting on and I lost my balance. (You can read all about it in the archived blogs from 2008) Long story short ~ the surgical repair that was initially done was not made to be a lasting fix, the surgery I had done June 30 this year was permenant  ~ The hard part is that I have to stay OFF my foot, no weight bearing for quite a long time ~ a minimum of 4 months down and out, for anyone who knows me, this is pure torture!!!

I am thankful for my laptop and my blackberry ~ I am pretty much cut off  from the outside world and it makes for a very lonely world, even though it is temporary, it doesn't make it any easier!!! I have friends on line and most days that is the only interaction I have with the world outside of these wall.
I have projects I am working on to keep me busy and a wonderful caregivers. It is just hard to sit in the same place day after day only getting up and around when I have to. I am clumsy anyway and cannot seem to get the hang of these damn crutches, even around the house, it is dangerous for me to get out of bed without supervision.
I missed watching our Garden grow, the puppies are not little anymore and have learned to live outside, howling and barking as only beagles do ~ My son will be 20 this week and there is no extra money to fund celebrations, we are on a 'poverty budget' while I am down and out and that is another thing I am having a hard time dealing with. We have everything we need but no extras....I have been employed since I was 15 years old, it is foreign territory for me to not have a job to go to.
I started my on Fashion Jewelry business in May and it will be slow going until I can get out there and DRIVE...I am doing what I can with mystery hostess shows at my house once monthly and catalog shows all over the place with friends near and far...I know I will be successful, I also know I can make more money than I did at the job I had in catering prior to surgery ~ I just don't do SLOW!!!! I am used to hitting the ground running and in Stilettos no less!!!
I know its temporary and I will look back on this time in my life, probably wishing for days like this ~ Comfy Jammie's all day, nothing to do but lay around and be waited in hand and foot!! I am used to being the caretaker...
I will survive this and look forward to walking down the aisle next fall to marry the man of my dreams ~ My ROCK!!

2 comments:

Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World said...

Hang in there! Things will get better!

Frankies Queen said...

Thanks for your kind words ~ I just checked out your blog and would love to be a part of New Friend Friday and Blog Hop too....Look forward to chatting with you again! Have a great weekend!