Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas cheer and cutting the apron strings...

My G-Man and Munchkin have grown up so much since last year!!
I cherish these moments, they go by so fast! This is the 3 of us last year at the beach right after Thanksgiving...

Love these Christmas images...
I am almost finished with the presents this year... I have 2 wonderful children that I get to spend Christmas with ~ I don't think the 3 of us have had one together in quite a few years, so long ago I cannot remember :(

Santa will follow us to Carolina, it will be one to remember! We will be with family and friends for the Holidays ~ usually we make it for Thanksgiving but not Christmas so its a real treat for everyone.
Today is the Christmas Luncheon with Savanna for her last day of school this year ~ it's an Italian menu so I made Tiramisu last night, it was the easy recipe with vanilla wafers and cream cheese but will taste good none the less :) She is in the local 5th grade Spelling Bee! I am soo very proud of her!! She is definately gotten a better sense of herself and I see a confidence in her that she didn't have last year so its an improvement.. My little munchkin is growing up into a wanna be teenager!! yikes!! SLOW DOWN I tell her!! at least she has started accepting being a girl...she will finally wear the bras I bought her, we just had to find one that wasn't itchy.. I remember those days very well except I HAD to wear a bra in the 3rd grade, now that was torture! She will enjoy the toys under the tree this year but is on the verge of wanting everything electronic ~ We redecorated her room this month, her colors are black and aquamarine ~ No PINK was her request..I will post photos after this weekend when we get her new bed...all these changes and I know I am getting older in years but still feel as young as I did when Garrett was born, just with a few more wrinkles!
Garrett has taken the month of December off for school this year, he is making himself useful around the house and writing music most of the time... Its hard to imagine that this might be the last Christmas he is under my roof at 'our' home together, makes me sad but it is a process in life ~ Growing up is never easy and I think sometimes its harder on the parents because you want to do so much for them but they will never learn if you do it that way! We have been collecting household items for him this year so he will be a little prepared when he does get a place of his own. He will not leave my house unprepared if I can help it! He was hard to buy presents for this year because all he wanted was money for another tattoo... I found a few items to give him as well as stocking stuffers, its so different from years past when he wrote letters to santa with a list of what he wanted. Its been a year of milestones for Garrett & I both, He waited to do alot of things this year and I was not pushing him to be an adult ~ I wanted him to enjoy his teenage years, have something to reflect and look back on with warm fuzzy memories, I dont have much of those at all because I chose to be an adult on my own at age 17!
Life goes on each and every day and I am learning to be happy in the moment ~ We never know when its our last...Just like childhood, time is fleeting....

No comments: