Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Reflections....

Self love is one of the hardest things to grasp....How do we learn to love ourselves in spite of who we are to ourselves??? The thoughts we have make up the actions we put forth and at times it can be a bit of a rat race!!! Einstein said that the meaning of insanity is repeating the same things over and over again expecting different results! Are we not all guilty of this at times?

who hasn't been here before?????
This photo.....makes me wonder just how many times I have felt like I was on the edge....of making a discovery or a decision that could be life changing! As my life has become more stable than ever over the last 3 years, I know the changes that were made took me in the right direction....
Like the Caterpillar that becomes the beautiful butterfly, I too feel like I have finally emerged as the beauty I was meant to be.....I had to learn to embrace all the uglies inside before I could truly learn to love me for me!!!
There is always hope, just like God's promise to never flood the earth again ~ he reminds us with beautiful rainbows!!! You have to have the rain first though and instead of weathering the storm and waiting for it to pass, I have learned to dance in the rain and wait for the rainbow.... We can learn to dance through the rainy seasons in our lives too, the beauty will be found....sometimes its right beside us and we get so bogged down with the daily stuff we just cannot see it.
We have to look for the beauty, even in the storms that rage around us....its not like its going to slap us in the face and tell us to pay attention... its like being a child and discovering the beauty in the smallest of things...a blade of grass covered with dew, lizards laying eggs, baby ducks swimming after the mommy duck, these are just a few things my daughter has reminded me to appreciate in the past few weeks....
I am blessed to have someone by my side to go through this life journey and I am still awestruck that we have this amazing love to share with each other! Even though it feels more like a roller coaster sometimes, we are in this together and I could not have been receptive to his love had I not learned to love myself first! My life ~ It is a roller coaster of a ride and I am just glad I changed amusement parks.....I was on the roller coaster from HELL before I decided to change my life around and it is so much better now.. I know in my heart that no matter what comes our way, We will survive because we are in it together!!!

No comments: